POLARIS APRN: Helping advanced practice nurses bring evidence-based practices to the bedside
POLARIS APRN by HPNA was released April 2023 and is a state-of-the-art eLearning resources consisting of nine modules designed to provide essential practice knowledge in hospice and palliative care to advanced practice nurses.
After completing POLARIS APRN modules, 100% of learners stated they increased their knowledge in:
- evidence-based prescribing practices for symptom management medications, including controlled substances;
- social, psychological, cultural, spiritual, and existential dimensions of a patient/family in hospice and palliative care;
- developing a plan of care that maximizes the patient’s priorities regarding comfort and symptom control;
- understanding the appropriate words and phrases to use for common situations in hospice and palliative care.
POLARIS APRN is available for purchase as individual modules (only $20 each!) and a Total Package which includes POLARIS Pain Management (4 modules). Buy Now.
- Moving into APRN Palliative Nursing Practice
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Communication in Palliative Care and Hospice
- Pain Management
- Symptom Management
- Social, Psychological, Cultural, Spiritual, and Existential Care
- Professionalism and Personal Well-being
- Caring at Life’s End
POLARIS APRN modules are self-paced, interactive, structured with short bursts of information, engaging with case studies and videos, and eligible for NCPD hours and Pharm credits.
POLARIS APRN was funded by the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Foundation through generous grant support from the Ho Chaing Foundation, McElhattan Foundation, and the Jack Buncher Foundation.