Core Curriculum for the Hospice and Palliative APRN, Third Edition 2020
The Core Curriculum is an essential tool for the Hospice and Palliative APRN. The Core Curriculum offers information in all aspects of hospice and palliative advanced practice registered nursing. It reflects evidence-based practice and the 4th edition of the National Consensus Project For Quality Palliative Care Clinical Practice Guidelines.
This item is a pre-order and is expected to ship out in early November 2020. Other items placed on the same order will be held and shipped when the pre-ordered book arrives at our fulfillment center. If you prefer other items to ship sooner, please place a separate order for the other items and we will ship under two separate orders. Shipping charges will apply to both orders.
To best prepare for the ACHPN examination, this third edition has been reorganized by the 5 domains of the 2020 HPCC’s ACHPN Detailed Content Outline. These domains are:
- Nursing Process in Caring for Adult Patients and Families to include assessment, diagnosis and planning, interventions, and evaluation
- Scientific Knowledge (biomedical, clinical, and psychosocial-behavioral) to include disease processes, diagnostic tests and procedures, prognosis and responses to illness, loss, grief and bereavement
- Education and Communication with patients, families, and health care communities
- Professionalism to include ethics, scope, standards and guidelines, self-care and collegial support, and leadership and self-development
- Systems Issues includes resource assess, utilization and continuum of care, and quality improvement
This new edition includes a section on common validated assessment tools, common palliative medications, and resources for studying for the ACHPN examination.
Edited by: Constance Dahlin, Laura Tycon Moreines, and Maggie C. Root
Purchase online or by calling HPNA at 412 741-1892.
Return Policy: Returns will be accepted within 30 days of order date (30 days from shipment date for items in a pre-ordered package). Books and products must be in brand new condition, with shrink wrap intact. All returns must include a copy of the original packing slip or invoice. Upon receipt of the return, HPNA will issue a refund of the purchase price and applicable taxes. Shipping charges are not refundable. Please ship returns via a trackable method to the following address: HPNA Returns, 16 Avenue A, Leetsdale, PA 15056-1304
Discounted member price:
You could save: